Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post #13

Electronic Media Fast
an array of different kinds of electronics



This week my EDM 310 class was challenged to try and not use electronics for 24 hours. We were given three attempts to see if we could achieve the challenge. The only way we could use technology is if it was needed for work. However, we were allowed to watch a movie in a theater just not on a television or computer.

Attempt 1

I attempted this challenge on Thursday and failed. I will go ahead and admit I am addicted to Facebook. I have to check up on what is happening with everyone at least once or twice a day. My boyfriend Kyle knew about this project and was very willing to help. As hard as it was, I had to give in and answer my parents phone call. This is why I failed the first attempt. My parents live in Tennessee and I do not get to see them very much so I treasure the conversations we have. After I had failed I went ahead and decided to check my facebook and watch television that night.

Attempt 2

My second attempt occurred on Friday. I told myself when I woke up that today was going to be the day I succeeded. It was going very well till Kyle forgot about the project and called me. I did not want him to think I was ignoring him or mad at him so I answered. He wanted to ask me if I wanted to go to a movie that night. The worst part about this attempt is that I was so close to being successful because all I did was answer the phone the rest of the day went great.

Attempt 3

My third and final attempt occurred on Sunday. However I already felt like I was going to fail this time. I am in my final week of classes till finals so I am trying to get a lot of projects finished and assignments completed. I was exactly right. I failed due to having homework due by midnight and trying to study for finals. I realized after failing the challenge that I cannot live without electronics. My generation and the one after me are growing up in a technological world. Everything now is being accomplished thru electronics so there is really no way around it. I fear the children I will have in my classroom will not enjoy the simple things in life. They will think everything should be done for them. I will also have to keep up with the new technology to make sure my students stay engaged in the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment